The Yogagrin® Story
Yogagrin® was established in Brisbane, Australia in January, 2015 by Jan Crisp.
The name was chosen because yoga really does put a contented smile on your face 🙂
Yogagrin®‘s mission is to guide you towards a happier, healthier life so that you can achieve your lifestyle and health goals.
Yogagrin®‘s vision is to make the world a better place to live in by helping people to:
- Become more aware of themselves, others and everything around them
- Think clearer and trust in their intuition
- Learn to use words and thoughts wisely
- Develop a deep sense of inner peace and contentment
- Show unconditional love and compassion to all
- Yoga is much more than just exercise
- Everything and everyone is connected
- Yoga can change your life
- Things happen for a reason
- Worrying is wasted energy
- You can’t change other people but you can influence change
- Using Yoga correctly you can heal yourself
- Yoga can be practiced by anyone, anywhere, anytime
- Yoga is wholesome
- Yoga is not about the pose, it’s about discovering and transforming your mind
About Jan Crisp
Jan is the founder and Principal Yoga Therapist of Yogagrin®. She has been studying yoga, yoga therapy, and meditation seriously since 2013 with gurus in Nepal, India and Australia.
Jan’s serene, compassionate and empathetic nature will soon put you at ease. Her unique style is gentle with the right amount of challenge to keep you motivated. She is acclaimed for helping people with asthma, cancer recovery, stress, anxiety, PTSD, depression, lower back pain and more.
Jan says her yoga journey started when she was about 40. This is when she discovered that her sedentary job and lifestyle had eaten away her youthful fitness. She was a young grandmother and was shocked to find out she couldn’t keep up with her grandchildren. She did try yoga but at that time she found yoga too slow for her active mind and body, so she joined a gym. She began running, skipping, weight lifting, aerobics, floor exercises and dancing.
Over time hunching over a computer every day, a stressful job, caring for a family, and a strenuous exercise routine began to have its toll. Jan began to get injured and sick more frequently. Going to the gym became a chore. Thankfully, in 2009, Jan rediscovered yoga and hasn’t looked back. She has a regular personal practice and says she feels happier, healthier, fitter and more flexible than ever before.
- Graduate Certificate of Yoga Therapy – 650 hours (Sydney, Australia – March, 2018 to November 2019)
- Advanced yoga teacher training – 300 hours – 6 week residential (India, 2017)
- Mindfulness in Daily Living – 10 days residential (Nepal, 2017)
- Yoga Therapy for Back Pain – weekend intensive (Brisbane, Australia, 2015)
- Level 1 yoga teacher training – 350 hours – 12 months (Brisbane, Australia, 2014)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Education
- Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training
” Yogagrin® wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for all the people that have touched my life over the years, both directly and indirectly. I am so grateful to each and every one of you, and apologise in advance for not mentioning you by name but you know who you are.
Some of my greatest lessons have come from when I’ve had the courage to live outside my comfort zone, and I’m so glad I did. Thank you to all those who supported me along the way. My life continues to be an exciting exploration into the unknown.
Namaste. Jan Crisp”
Please feel free to contact Jan with any questions or feedback.